Monday, November 8, 2010

certain does not last but flexibilty is key

Some life lessons seem to sneak up on you. For example I was certain I wanted to chop off all my hair but now I am desperate to get my long hair back. So I should have been flexible and just changed it up not cut it off. Oh the lessons we learn. I wanted a dog but now we have three...I never thought we would have three dogs but every day I have to remind myself that even though I spend all day sweeping and cleaning as soon as my fur babies come inside they will bring in leaves, dust, dirt, and other treats from their outside play time. I can really annoyed by this but they don't mean to do it. They do not know they do it. This means I need to be more flexible and learn that some things you have to let go of and know that the fact of the matter is I have three dogs I love very much and who I know love me. Same can be said for our relationship with Christ I think. We get so certain we believe and we want to shout it to everyone, then it can take something so simple to crush that. Instead of being flexible and learning from mistakes we get angry and forget about Him and we turn to things that do not serve to build us up in Christ. Then we realize the mistake and turn back asking for help, a map, forgiveness, and to help us never stray again. But, we do. Even in small ways. Just like we have to be flexible in life we have to remember that we all fall short of the glory of God and when things happen that make us certain we want to turn from God what we should do is slow down, figure out the situation, and make the effort to change the behavior. Being flexible allows us to stop and take the time to realize what we are doing. I know these are just my own thoughts but after sitting and listening to people who had turned on God all around me I knew I had to stop and take the time to remember that He has never really let me down. Even when I was certain He had...there was a lesson, there was something that came out of the situation, there was something that made me better.
Happy Monday!
<><

No comments:

Post a Comment