Thursday, August 5, 2010

update-licous

okay so let me see where to begin...
First off J is recovering still slowly but surly. Things have changed. We certainly look at meals, times, and water in a whole new light. Always want to make sure there is a lot of water around to flush foods down and foods do not need to be over cooked or tough. So strange to be in this boat but so blessed to get my husband back to feeling better.
Now on to the house. More painting has been going on. Pictures and art are up on the walls and we are finally getting that warm and welcoming feeling we were looking for. Nice to have roman shades up and the blankets down. Amazing to have a vacuum cleaner that works and works well! So many little things that add up to a home. This certainly takes a lot of work and money but it has been worth every single second of it.
Is it just me or do those snowy days look so great now? The heat here is insane and it is almost out of the question to think you could get in your car and not get branded by the red hot seat belt. Lord give me strength! Ha.
This week has seemed extra long but maybe because I have two days off next week and I am so looking forward to knocking things off the to do list. Running errands, seeing the doctor, cleaning, washing the car, oil changes, and getting other odds and ends wrapped up. There are just so many things going on this week that trying to focus at work and at home seem impossible. I am so ready for my long weekend and so ready for all that will be going on.
Oh and for those who do not know...a friend of mine and I were lucky enough to get to do the dizzy bat game during a baseball game here...for a AAA team. So funny because I thought for the size of the team that there surly would not be more than 2,000 but in fact there were over 6,000 people. It was nuts! I won! Woo Hoo.
I think this is all I can say for now because mostly my brain is to full to think of anything else...my cup runeth over today.
Happy Thursday people!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to practice...NO FAIR! LOL! Happy Thursday to you too, I'll miss you Monday & Tuesday! Don't know what I'll do without ya here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Way!!!? You got to do the dizzy bat game @ D/S Park!!?

    Two things have changed in our relationship:
    1. I admire you a little more
    2. I'm just a bit jealous of you

    -JPU

    ReplyDelete