Monday, January 23, 2012

Target Giveaway...a blessing I did not see coming.

Jan over at Jewlery4Change won my Target giveaway and with out any thought I sent out the Target gift card and thought about what cool treats she may find in Target. A store that can really work a clearance sale and knowing that Jan is expecting a grand-baby soon I knew she would find so many amazing deals. I was sure of it. Then I got an email from Jan that touched my heart and I would like to share a small portion of our conversation. Think about all the things we enter to win. Do we need it all? Do we want it all? Are there times where we could enter with a mindful heart? Maybe someone we know is struggling. Maybe we know a family who could simply use a boost. I am certainly not saying we shouldn't enjoy what we win because it is a blessing and treat for us. But, the way Jan gave her gift up set my mind to thinking. I will be adding an extra donation to a local women's shelter. I can't afford much but I can afford to coupon some toothbrushes and toothpaste for them and I hope that the example Jan set stays firm in my mind and heart. Read her email below. Tell me something that you have done or want to do to help out in your community! I look forward to your ideas.

Hi Lauren,
  I received the gift card. Thank you so much. I was really a blessing. I was going to use it for baby items, but the same day it arrived I met a young family with a 2 year old, who are struggling with basic financial needs, like putting food on the table.  I just felt the card was really meant for them. I gave it to them and they were very appreciative. Just wanted you to know how your card helped this family AND made me feel great because I was able to help someone else.  Thank you! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment