Thursday, January 21, 2010

and their off!

We went to Oaklawn last weekend. My wonderful husband has never been and aside from the rain it was great. We lucked out and found great (and cheap) parking. I saw parking prices from $10 to $45! Insane. But, we got it for $5, and no it was not ten miles from the track.


It was opening weekend so to start with there were about 20,000 people there and it was .50 corn beef sandwiches and .10 cokes! So we ate for less than $2 which is amazing.

The horses there are so beautiful. I think that they are so sleek and almost regal. It was great. We did not win a lot but we did not lose it all either so we did okay. Plus we went on a budget. Next time I would like to go with a little more money but I guess that was an easy way not to get heart broken when you lose it all ha. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.


This first picture is befor ethe race when the Jockey and a rider go out on the track and you can check out your horse (because once they race you do not get to see anything more than a blur).
This next picture is the starting gate with all the horses lined up and ready.
A 10 cent drink woo hoo!
Oh and the last picture is another horse and rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment