So I have been really trying to refocus my priorities. What goals do we want to accomplish as a family and what goals have I set for myself (mostly weight loss related I am down 14 pounds y'all!) and what goals have I actually been able to reach? I look at my days. Work, the gym, home, and then there is social media. Now I do have twitter and I really like it. I feel like because I do not have many friends in real life on there with me and it is mostly celebs, authors, musicians, and artists I can keep that at arms length. But, facebook...man people put things on there that really bother me. So to facebook or not?
So I have brought this question up with a few people who, might I add, all acted like I had lost my mind. Let me just say I have had facebook for 7 years give or take. It isn't like I have not participated in enough get to know me quizzes, which Disney princess is most compatible with me, what is my ghetto name, hippie name, redneck name, and so on and so forth. I have been tagged in some really great pictures and some really really bad ones. I have put my heart into status updates and I have said some really crappy things there too. It was my voice...but for who and for what? Look. I am not saying I want to delete my account and never go back because I am sure I will. But, I learned I can just temporarily put my account on lock down. Should this be the plan?
The way I figure it is that if I deactivate the account and delete the app off my iPhone then I will be less temped to check it out and post etc. I want to go on a break from it and it is too tempting to have it at my finger tips. I feel like instead of a way to keep up with friends it has become a big distraction. Distracting me from being a better wife, sister, daughter, friend, and person. I feel like I let myself get too caught up in the drama on there and if I am trying to cut drama from my life wouldn't this be the next logical step? Again, I don't know that I want to be rid of it all together but for now it feels like a weight that could stand to be dropped.
So has anyone else taken a facebook vacation?
I will miss our silly talks but love that we have email and texts!! ;) Good for you for doing something for yourself. And congrats on teh 14 pounds!! Work it girl!!
ReplyDeleteLove you weeenis!!