Okay so...for a few months I have been using coupons. I have had some great deals and some that were not so great. How often do you guys use coupons? I used to clip them (then forget them) and would get so irritated at myself. But, now I am more organized. That has been a huge help. Knowing what coupons I have then comparing it to what is on sale. Really, it makes things go more smoothly.
Also, I am learning that I should not just go to one store for everything. I can work it so that I drive past Walgreens and stop in and get certain things then the next day go the direction that will take me by another store. Most of the places I shop are on the same road it is a matter of being aware of the order I go in so food is not sitting in a 100 degree+ car.
This has allowed us to save on the majority of our food and health/beauty items and take that savings to Fresh Market or Whole Foods and buy things we consider a splurge like fresh seafood, bulk items, organic specialty items.
Okay so my best tip over all has been to ask about or get a copy of the stores coupon policy. This is great for a few reasons. You learn what coupons can be combined, how many like coupons you can use at one time, how much they double and if you are standing at the register and your checker misses or disputes something you can pull out the coupon policy for a helpful reminder. The best tip by far is to be poliet and calm because people want to work with you when you aren't acting like a lunatic.
Good luck with your shopping trip and let me know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment