Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You can get calcium from so many other places besides cows milk



I know that being vegetarian or vegan is not for everyone. But, please do not think that the only way to get calcium is from cows milk. There are so many delicious foods that can offer you calcium. Personally I love kale and you can make it so many different ways. Aside from cooking it like greens or making chips I like to chop it up and add it to my home made soups and casseroles. So many options y'all seriously. 

Okay...off my soapbox. :) Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy was talking about a girl at work eating Chia Seeds (chia pets) I guess they get puffy and fill you up and have a ton of calcium! lol Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but they can also cause a lot of GI problems. There are a lot of warnings that come along with those. I think it is great if you are already healthy but I think you have to be careful about the amount you eat daily.

    ReplyDelete