Okay so maybe that house was not meant to be. But, that is okay. I was upset for a day then I realized there must be something more in store for us. We have been looking at a lot of houses and nothing has really stood out. We really hoped the one we looked at last night would be great…however it had a creek for a back yard and we knew it would be a big undertaking. I think in my heart I had hoped for this to be a little simpler but in my head I know this is just the beginning of a much bigger journey.
To talk about other things in life Monday is the first day of my walking/jogging/running camp. Yay! I will soon be on my way to running a 5k. How insane is this I ask you? I am nervous, scared, excited, and happy all rolled into one. Then Tuesday I have surgery. Now in all reality this is a simple thing but for me…I have never had surgery and I am not big on doctors being in my space. Actually, I only prefer family and close friends that close to me. I have a birth mark on the back of my head. Very small but at my last dermatology visit (and yes I go often thanks to all my freckles, moles, and birthmarks) my doctor said the small birth mark on the back of my head was looking suspicious of something called basal cell skin cancer. This is common in people who get a lot of sun and are fair skinned. Of which I have both…treat. The birth mark has changed in shape and size a little over the years as I have grown but now it is raised up and has become a bit painful at times. So Tuesday afternoon I will go in to the dermatology oncology clinic here at my amazing work where a man, a doctor, who is in the top of his field from what I hear and from what I have read will shave (hopefully a small portion) of my head and remove the birth mark. So long old friend it was nice knowing ya! To say that I am nervous is really an understatement because I have never been on this end of the cancer word, I have never gone ‘under the knife’, and I really love my hair vain though it may be. Lucky for me when I get there I will get something for my nerves and after I will get something for pain so I might be on cloud nine for a while which could be interesting. I am sure deep down that everything will be fine. But it does not keep me from being human and being nervous. So, every prayer and good thought sent my way on Tuesday afternoon would be much appreciated.
Oh, on a lighter note. The hubs has been at his new job for over six months. I can not believe how time flies. He is doing very well there and I can tell he is happy there. Which is nice to be happy at work and at home! He currently is feeling a little under the weather but thanks to some much needed rest he is starting to perk back up.
Yes crazy. a 5k, I can't even think about that. Good luck though, I know you can do it!
ReplyDelete