Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I meant to wait until May.

I fully planned on the 5k in May to be my first one but thanks to a darling friend it was not. Saturday was my birthday (yay) and instead of spending the day sleeping in, having a late brunch, working in the yard, and getting the pool summer ready I was up at 6 am (yes I said AM) searching for my brand new socks and my favorite peace sign tank to start stretching for a 5k. Happy Birthday to me! It was great. My goal was to finish in under one hour and I finished in 48: 41:49. YES! 48 minutes of walking/jogging (also known as wogging thanks Katie). It was a beautiful day and really it was such a nice way to start my year.

This week has been one that reminded me how much I need the Lord in my daily struggle. Life puts things in front of us that we are sure we can not handle but somehow we do...and I think we know that somehow is HIS help. I just want to say thanks to everyone who said a special prayer for my family.

Now it is getting close to vacation time and I think my amazing husband and I really will need a break to clear our thoughts and have some time to focus on each other and remember what it is like to be still newly married and enjoy that time together. I think we both have had to lean on each other a lot lately and now it will be nice to relax and get recharged. Anyone have any plans coming up that you are looking forward too? I know I do and I will be taking lots of pictures!

Well time to get focused on this work day as much as I can. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment