Walgreens coupon haul:
Well after looking over the Walgreens ad from the Sunday paper I realized I had some good coupons to match up with a few sale items. Hairspray, shampoo and conditioner can add up very fast. In the past I would not even notice I was running out of hairspray until I hit the nozel and nothing came out. Which is certainly not a good time to realize that!
I made two transactions. I did this because I had a coupon for hairspray that would also give me a register reward. This allows me to use the $1.oo off register reward for my next transaction. Also, let me point out my husband bought candy on this visit so I am excluding it from the transaction…he got about $10.oo worth of candy.
My first transaction was for Aussie hairspray. It was originally $3.99. I had a coupon that made it $1.99 and I paid $2.24 with sales tax which is 8% here. This transaction gave me a dollar off coupon to use on my next transaction. I know this doesn’t seem like much and a lot of work for $1. But, I separate any deal that will give me a register reward so I can apply that to the next transaction.
Next was my bigger haul.
Clearsil Face Wash $3.49 each x2 I had a coupon for each for $1 off
Finish Dishwasher tabs $4.49 with a $1 off coupon
Kraft Mac and Cheese $1.79 with a coupon that made them 69cents each x3
Nivea Chapstick $2.99 each with a coupon to buy two get $3 off (this made one of them free)
Suave Shampoo and Conditioner $3.49 each (this were the largest bottles of shampoo and conditioner)
Suave Hairspray $3.oo each I had a coupon that gave me a free Suave hair product for every bottle of shampoo or conditioner I bought. So for one shampoo and one conditioner I got two of the largest cans of hairspray for free.
Sctoch-Brite Sponges $3.99 and $2.19 with $1.00 off with coupon
Grand total $41.98 but my price with coupons and register reward was $24.49 plus tax.
So I am coming to your house to take a shower and get ready using all of new stuff? And maybe steal some candy. I need to hire someone to use and remind me of the coupons.
ReplyDeleteHAHA right! I am all set up. Well, I usually spend my Sunday afternoon working on coupons with the newspaper. Trust me...it took me a while to get better at using them.
ReplyDeleteLove couponing!! The best one I ever did was for school supplies total was 117.00 n I paid $23.00 for all of it! Plus did some price matching so it would have been more than the 117
ReplyDelete