Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rock the guac!

This is my first ever food/product review. I was not sure that I wanted to do anything like this but I have decided that it was time I step up and share my favorite products. To start with I am sharing guacamole. I know. Seems random but let me tell you I know and love guac! I like the fresh stuff and NOT that weird green colored stuff you find in some stores. What avocado is that color seriously?

What I love about Wholly Guacamole http://eatwholly.com/ is not just that it is fresh, not just that it comes in 100 calorie pack sizes, not just that it is a good deal for the money or that they post coupons on their facebook page, it is all of those things. I love a good deal and have been working hard to get my coupons and shopping list on point but that does not mean I will settle for anything that is imitation.

So let me tell you how I used my Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie pack last night for dinner. I started with my thin bagel, turkey pepperoni, burp less cucumber, reduced sodium provolone, and my 100 calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole. I toasted my bagel, then added the cheese to one side and the guac to the other, and then I added my cucumber and pepperoni. It was light, easy, and paired great with salad. What I like about this guacamole is that it is fresh and made from real avocados. I know that seems like it should be obvious but after much research I learned that most prepackaged guacamole is not made from avocado but from fillers. YUCK. Nothing about that sounds okay. Check your labels people. It really is amazing what goes into most foods. Not that I am perfect by any means but I am learning and doing my homework on what we eat.

Go check out their facebook page and like them already. Also, you can follow them on twitter( http://twitter.com/#!/eatwholly)  for tips, ideas, and they will let you know when they post new coupons to their facebook page.

Yum y'all and enjoy!


 






1 comment:

  1. Um Yum!!! That looks like a very good sandwich and healthy too!! :O)

    ReplyDelete