Monday, December 5, 2011

I made something on Pinterest!

So for dinner last night I kept looking at the bag of red potatoes I had and was ready to use. I wasn't sure what to make then I remembered seeing something on Pinterest and I wanted to put my own twist on it.
To start turn your oven to 350 degrees and wash your potatoes (ha). Next slice them and drizzle EVOO over them. I did this in a big bowel and used tongs to stir the potatoes up so they were all covered in olive oil (EVOO). I added a teaspoon of Kosher salt, two teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper and two table spoons of dried minced onions. You should do this to your taste though. I like pepper a lot and wanted to add extra. Then I mixed everything up and laid them on a cookie sheet. I baked them on 350 for 30 minutes flipping them once. Next I used shredded mozzarella to top of each potato and let them melt in the oven for another 3-5 minutes. It doesn't take long. Now on Pinterest they added bacon but since I am avoiding meat I took them out and put them on a plate and piled chopped cherry tomatoes and shredded spinach to the top. It was so good! Very tasty and very easy. Let me know if you try it.


Sliced and on the cookie sheet.



My seasoning (also the Kosher salt is in a mason jar...I cute the top of the container it came in to fit the top of my jar and it keeps the salt dry and is easy to use).
The finished product! Yum. 

2 comments: