Thursday, December 8, 2011

Soda Sucks

Where I am from we call it Coke, but no matter what you call it...SODA SUCKS. even though I love it so dearly!!!

About a year ago I gave up my six plus cans a day of diet coke. It was hard. My head hurt. I was cranky. I was tired. It was what I drank when my eyes opened in the morning and what I drank before I brushed my teeth at night. Then I read about aspartame and the side affects. I could check off so many of the problems and it really freaked me out. I was drinking water and loving it after a while. Then I slowly  started to add Real Coke back in. Now, this is where the mind of a food addict goes. My justification was that it was not as bad to have four of these a week because look how many diet cokes I used to drink. Now I am not trying to say you can never in life enjoy a coke but I am saying that for me and my weight loss journey I need to get back on track and kick the Coke/Soda/Pop habit.

Then something happened. Pinterest kicked my ass. I found a picture that freaked me out. I avoid sugar in my foods but I never thought about my drinks. So I am leaving you with the picture that totally freaked me out haha.

(Welcome to all my new followers!)

I mean I would not eat that many sugar cubes or I would be ill but I will drink it? What in the heck? Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment