Wednesday, March 24, 2010

5K getting closer...

Well it is getting closer with every day that passes I can feel my stomach knot up just a little but more. But, I am determined to get through this and do something as an adult I never have done before. Not just get through the 5K but show myself I am able to focus on my health, my body, and my soul and that it is important to treat my body well. As I pull in to the parking lot at the running clinic each week I try and think of all the reasons to leave early but then I remind myself that my body is the only one I get and if I want to stick around long enough to do all the things I really want to in life then I need to make sure that I put good things in. I have even stuck to portion control. Last night we went out for a date night and had yummy pizza but when I was hungry after the first slice I made the choice to cut another slice down the middle and have half. I was full and I didn't have to eat the entire thing. It was nice for a change not to feel a little sick leaving a restaurant. Feeling so stuffed I want to go home and get in bed. I still had energy and we were able to go do a little pre-Easter shopping and pick out a new DVD. It is nice to feel good about the choices we make and about our self. I think that the most important thing we can do as Christians is to be so full of the Christ like attitude that we want to show it not just in our actions with other people but how we treat our own body and soul. I was on a roll for a while reading from the old blue Lutheran hymnal before bed just going through the Psalms and singing to myself and I found that it was very calming...but then I missed one night and that turned to two and then more and it was growing every day that I was missing something. So today when I get home my hymnal is on my pillow and ready for me to read even just for a moment to get myself centered again. PS I did something I never thought I would...I used the stop watch feature on the new $7 watch I found (in neon orange yes!) to time myself around the track during my running clinic. It was great to feel like I was really turning into a runner...well jogger. Hope everyone enjoys this day that the Lord has made....yes even my lucky friend at home enjoying a snow day! <><

1 comment:

  1. I love the new blog background! Very spring. :O) I did enjoy my snow day...thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete