Friday, March 26, 2010

Trying to enjoy my Friday night.

I am watching Jamie Oliver's food revolution and I am sitting here in such shock. I feel so sad for the children that I see sitting in the cafeteria eating all this crap and it breaks my heart. Especially as a person who is working so hard to make the right food choices and I feel like I had a good foundation. We had fruit, vegetables, protein that was not just chicken or beef but beans and lots of fresh foods. I have learned more about all the other options our there and I am adding these great new finds to my food vocabulary. Tofu and organic and low sodium oh my! I think that no matter where health care reform takes us we must not just rely on the insurance and government to take care of us but we must take care of ourselves. If we start with a good foundation we will be able to live healthy lives physically and I don't know about you but when my body feels good my mind feels so much more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment